Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Agenda for Surgery Day

730 am-arrive at admissions
745 am-nuclear medicine appointment (aka shots in my nipple)
After that-head to preop room.
11am-420pm- 4:20 haha. OR is booked.
430pm-Dr. Kass finds my mom and Eric and tells them surgery went great and turns out, I didn't have cancer after all, it was just a piece of Dove chocolate in there.

Ok, I was drifting into a fantasy for that last part.

I woke up at 5 am this morning, mind racing. I'm anticipating waking around 2 am tomorrow so I am looking forward to a Propofol induced sleep. Today I'm getting the house cleaned up, giving Harper lots of smooches, trying to figure out what I'm going to eat for my presurgery meal, and taking the dogs to stay at the Canine Clubhouse for 10 days! Since I'm heading into my first surgery tomorrow and let's face it, shit can happen, Eric is at Bed Bath & Beyond right now buying a Dyson Animal Ball vacuum cleaner for me so I can cross off that bucket list item. Nothing like a good vacuuming sesh to relieve some stress!

I would be so thankful for your prayers tomorrow! Please pray for my peace (either natural or drug induced), for my mom and Eric as they sit and wait through a long surgery, for Dr's Kass and Potochny because they are the real stars of this show, and for the best possible outcome of this surgery. God is the ultimate surgeon so I pray his hands will guide my doctors.

As many of you know, my dad passed away at Hershey Med Center after a month long illness in July of last year. It will be hard for my mom and I to be back there, a place we wanted to avoid for a long time. The memories are too fresh, of being on our knees in the chapel praying, begging; the lunches in that damn cafeteria every single day; even the frickin' Starbucks which in my opinion is usually as close to Heaven as you can get on Earth, they all make me shudder and I know my mom feels the same. I'm sure of something though. My Dad will be right beside me tomorrow in the operating room. I felt his presence when I was sitting in the dark xray room for my preop chest xray. I knew he was there and then the magnet they use as a marker on the thing you stand up against (excuse all the serious medical terminology here), flew off of the thing you stand up against!! I knew it was just a sign from him that he would be present in this place I was so afraid of.


4 comments:

  1. Brought tears to my eyes! I have been praying for you, and I will be all day tomorrow! Your dad is with you keeping you strong. And you have God on your side. Peace be with you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for you since Day 1, and I'll pray all day tomorrow. Your strength brings tears to my eyes. Love you and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying for all of you. Lots of hugs, love and positive thoughts are being sent your way! We love you... Kim, Andy and Maddy

    ReplyDelete