Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cancer is like Christmas!

That's a joke I make every time somebody gives me a present or I get a package in the mail. In the last month, I've made a good deal of cancer jokes. You have to. If you aren't laughing at it, you're shaking in fear because of it. Believe me, there are plenty of days where cancer has me in a headlock, I'm terrified, and it's winning. But then I make a joke about it and I've got it pinned to the mat and I'm back in control. That's a wrestling analogy inspired by all the CD wrestling superstars that live in my neighborhood :-)

Seriously though, I can't thank everyone enough who has sent a card, written an email, sent a text, made a CD, sent a care package filled with pink awesomeness, given me amazing inspirational jewelry that I wear every day with pride, my new friend who is a cancer survivor who sent me a bunch of amazing and positive books so I stop googling doom and gloom, the flower arrangements, and the restaurant gift cards to make life easier after surgery. You know who you are. Every single thing brings me to tears, but the good, happy kind because I'm so lucky to have so many angels in my life.




Ain't nobody sending cancer any presents or praying for it. Cancer doesn't have an awesome surgeon scheduled to anihilate me on Friday morning. I'm 100% ready to kick this things ass. I know surgery and recovery will be miserable. Chemo sure wont be the most fun I've ever had. But every pain or discomfort this will cause me will be one step closer to being cancer-free so bring it on!!

Thank you for your prayers!


4 comments:

  1. You are so amazing Jenna. You have such a fab outlook, such an inspiration!! Love you... continue kicking cancer's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck momma and keep those jokes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing, sarcasm... it gets you through!! You are going to do great Friday!! I am praying for you and that you have the best possible outcome from surgery as possible! Sport your pink proudly! I gets people thinking and taking care of themselves- the best gift we can give them while going through this nightmare. Take care Jenna! - Kristen Sayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna- i will be thinking of you and praying fir you on Friday. Your blog is awesome. I think you have a future as a writer!
    Keely Kelly

    ReplyDelete